Like it or not, the carbon tax is here to stay. At least the Australian government is made it much easier for the people to accept the carbon tax with compensating people with tax cuts to make up for the rsie in some expenses due to the carbon tax.
Reform done good is definitely much more acceptable as can be seen by the way the Australian people and economists and analysts have received the new carbon tax. Much more reforms are promised by the Julia Gillard government whereby it will encourage stay at home moms to come take part in the workforce without getting penalized by more taxes.
How the World is reporting out initiative on the New carbon tax
Snippets from different online websites from different countries reporting the new Australian carbon tax
– CBC News – Australia unveils carbon tax
Australia has unveiled a new carbon tax that will force its 500 biggest polluters to pay for emissions — the country’s biggest economic reform in a generation. More..
– Australia carbon tax plans spark protests
Rallies have taken place in Australia in protest at plans by the Labor government to bring in a carbon tax. More..
– www.trust.org – SINGAPORE, – Funny thing, Australians thought they were going to get a carbon tax aimed at reducing emissions, but what they ended up with is a welfare scheme being paid for by polluters and households deemed wealthy. More…
– Australia carbon tax unlikely to impact Indian cos –Australia carbon tax- a green initiative: Australia announced yesterday its carbon tax plan in an effort to help fight climate change. More..
– How mining and media distort Australia’s carbon tax debate. Mining magnate Gina Rinehart’s influence is being felt in Australia’s carbon tax battle through TV and newspapers. More…
TAX-NEWS.COM – Carbon Tax In Australia Starts In July 2012 – The Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard announced this week that the government will be putting a price on Australia’s carbon emissions, starting in July next year. More..
You could feel the increased energy in Parliament House yesterday after the historic carbon tax agreement between the Labor Government and the Australian Greens. More..
– Australia sets carbon tax to fight climate change
Australia announced plans on Sunday to tax carbon pollution at Aus$23 (US$24.74) per tonne to help battle climate change, as it moved towards creating the region’s biggest emissions trading scheme. More..
– Australia PM unveils carbon tax targeting biggest 500 polluters – Australia will force its 500 worst polluters to pay AU$23 (US$25) for every ton of carbon dioxide they emit, with the government promising to compensate households hit with higher power bills under a plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions unveiled Sunday. More..
What is a carbon tax and why is it being proposed?
The government plans to tax the carbon pollution caused by the burning of fossil fuels, including coal and petroleum. A carbon tax puts a price on the carbon released when fossil fuels are burned. It is designed to include in the price of fossil fuel use the cost of the environmental damage it causes.